Winter 2015-2016 News
Congratulations to these Capella colleagues whose work and service has been recognized by others.
- Ray Coffey, VP-Reimbursement at Capella Healthcare (Franklin, TN), has been selected as Chair of the Rural Hospital Committee for the Federation of American Hospitals.
- Robert Gates, Lab Director for Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center (Russellville, AR), has been elected president-elect of the Clinical Lab Management Association.
- Jim Geist, CEO of Capital Medical Center (Olympia, WA), has been elected to the Washington State Hospital Association Board of Directors.
- Mandy Brown Golleher, Director of Marketing at National Park Medical Center (Hot Springs, AR), has been honored as Outstanding Young Professional in Hot Springs, Arkansas, by the Chamber of Commerce. Mandy was also named one of the 20 most influential community members in Hot Springs by the local newspaper.
- Jay Gregory, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for EASTAR Health System (Muskogee, OK), has been appointed to the Board of Commissioners for The Joint Commission. He was appointed by the American Medical Association, which receives five appointees each year.
- Paula Guild, KershawHealth’s Infection Control and Prevention Director (Camden, SC), received a Lifetime Achievement award from the Palmetto Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.
- Steve Hyde, CEO of Southwestern Medical Center (Lawton, OK), has been re-elected to the Oklahoma Hospital Association Board of Directors.
- Connie Pullen, Chief Nursing Officer for Willamette Valley Medical Center (McMinnville, OR), has been appointed to the Oregon Governor’s Nurse Staffing Advisory Board.
- Al Smith, SVP, Chief Information Officer at Capella Healthcare (Franklin, TN), has been named one of the nation’s top 50 health IT leaders by Becker’s Hospital Review. Al has also been selected to serve as Chair of the Health Information Task Force for the Federation of American Hospitals.
- Finley Turner, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Saint Mary’s Regional Health System (Russellville, AR), has been honored as Citizen of the Year by the Russellville Chamber of Commerce.
Ed Gormley receives Board Leadership Award
Ed Gormley received Capella’s 2015 Board Leadership Award for his outstanding service. Serving on the Board of Willamette Valley Medical Center (McMinnville, OR) since 2001, Ed has always worked hard to understand his community hospital and the health care industry in order to lead the Board effectively. He’s also dedicated himself to elevating the hospital’s perception in the community. Ed also happens to have been the longest-serving mayor in McMinnville’s history with 24 years of service.
Pictured below are (from left): Peter Hofstetter, CEO of Willamette Valley Medical Center; Ed Gormley, recipient of Capella’s 2015 Board Leadership Award; and Mark Medley, EVP, President of Hospital Operations for Capella Healthcare.
October 31, 2012 – Southern Standard
River Park’s Anne Vance Nominated as “Woman of Achievement”
April 10, 2012 – Nashville Medical News
Local Physician Execs Among Nation’s Most Influential; Capella CMO Erik Swensson Included
January 29, 2012 – Arkansas Online – Democrat-Gazette
Saint Mary’s CEO Donnie Frederic chosen as one of 20 to Watch in 2012 by Newspaper
October 6, 2011 – The Anniston Star
Jacksonville’s Dr. Braden Richmond Named to “Best Doctors in America” List
August 29, 2011 –The Lawton Constitution
Southwestern’s Dr. Gregory Morton Appointed To Undersea And Hyperbaric Medical Society Survey Team; Only Doc From OK
July 16, 2011 – Yamhill Valley News-Register
Cancer Center Renamed to Honor Dr. Joe Hoover’s Legacy
May 2011 – Nashville Medical News
Capella CFO Denise Warren Honored as “Woman to Watch” by Nashville Medical News
March 31, 2011 – The Decatur Daily
Dr. Lionel Naylor Honored by Parkway Medical Center for “Four Decades of Compassion”
March 3, 2011 –Freed-Hardeman University
Capella Co-Founder Tom Anderson Recognized for Generous Donation to Alma Mater; Anderson Science Center at Freed-Hardeman University Names for his Parents
January 14, 2011 – Nashville Business Journal
Capella VP-HR Carolyn Schneider Named “Woman of Influence” by Nashville Business Journal
December 28, 2010 – The Olympian
Dr. Angela Bowen Receives Leadership in Human Protection Award from World Health Organization
December 2, 2010 – Muskogee Phoenix
Muskogee Regional Director of Imaging Earns Innovation Award
December 1, 2010 – The Decatur Daily
Parkway Medical Center Nurse Becky Burney Is Alabama “Hospital Hero”
October 22, 2010
Grandview’s Dr. Carey Nease Earns Rare Third Board Certification